- Securing IP Telephony
- Enabling Video Calling
- Monitoring and Managing IP Telephony
After completing this course the student should be able to:
- Configure Cisco IP Telephony authentication and encryption; implement procedures to harden the Cisco CallManager operating system and phones, and to reduce toll fraud; and describe fundamental cryptographic components, threats, and attacks as they relate to a voice network.
- Make IP video telephony calls with VT Advantage and describe the basic components and characteristics of video calls and Cisco CallManager configuration parameters that enable video.
- Generate call detail records and monitor and manage the Cisco CallManager system, calls, and IP telephony devices using Cisco CallManager
The Cisco IP Telephony Part II course focuses on Cisco CallManager advanced features and options. These features include point-to-point video calls for appropriate video enabled endpoints as well as video conferencing, Cisco CallManager Attendant Console, IP Softphone and extension Mobility, security features for hardening of applications and hardware for VoIP, and command-line tools and monitoring devices that Cisco provides for troubleshooting voice and data networks.
- Channel Partners/Resellers
- Cisco IP Telephony Part 1 (CIPT1) or equivalent knowledge
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND) or equivalent knowledge
- Cisco Voice over IP (CVOICE) or equivalent knowledge