- Describe the key features of SharePoint 2013
- Design an information architecture
- Design logical and physical architectures
- Install and configure SharePoint Server 2013
- Create web applications and site collections
- Plan and configure service applications
- Manage users and permissions
- Configure authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Secure a SharePoint 2013 deployment
- Manage taxonomy
- Configure user profiles
- Configure enterprise search
- Monitor and maintain a SharePoint 2013 environment
Syllabus: Core Solutions of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013
Module 1: Introducing SharePoint Server 2013
- Key Components of a SharePoint Deployment
- New Features in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint 2013 Deployment Options
- Identify the capabilities and architecture of SharePoint 2013.
- Identify new and deprecated features in SharePoint 2013.
- Identify deployment options for SharePoint 2013.
Module 2: Designing an Information Architecture
- Identifying Business Requirements
- Understanding Business Requirements
- Organizing Information in SharePoint 2013
- Planning for Discoverability
Lab : Creating an Information Architecture – Part One
- Identifying Site Columns and Content Types
Lab : Creating an Information Architecture – Part Two
- Designing a Business Taxonomy
- Explain how understanding business requirements drives the design of an organizational IA.
- Describe the key components available in SharePoint 2013 to deploy an IA.
- Plan for discoverability as part of an IA deployment.
Module 3: Designing a Logical Architecture
- Overview of SharePoint 2013 Logical Architecture
- Documenting Your Logical Architecture
Lab : Designing a Logical Architecture
- Plan a Logical Architecture
- Produce a Logical Architecture Diagram
- Map business requirements to SharePoint 2013 architecture components.
- Explain the importance of documentation and describe the options for documenting logical architecture.
Module 4: Designing a Physical Architecture
- Designing Physical Components for SharePoint Deployments
- Designing Supporting Components for SharePoint Deployments
- SharePoint Farm Topologies
- Mapping a Logical Architecture Design to a Physical Architecture Design
Lab : Designing a Physical Architecture
- Designing a Physical Architecture
- Develop a Physical Architecture Design Diagram
- Describe the physical design requirements for SharePoint 2013.
- Describe the supporting requirements for a successful SharePoint 2013 physical design.
- Identify SharePoint farm topologies.
- Map a logical architecture design to a physical architecture design.
Module 5: Installing and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013
- Installing SharePoint Server 2013
- Scripting Installation and Configuration
- Configuring SharePoint Server 2013 Farm Settings
Lab : Deploying and Configuring SharePoint Server 2013 – Part One
- Provisioning a SharePoint 2013 Server Farm
Lab : Configuring SharePoint Server 2013 Farm Settings
- Configuring SharePoint Server 2013 Farm Settings
- Configuring Outgoing Email
- Configuring Integration with Office Web Apps Server 2013
- Install SharePoint 2013.
- Configure SharePoint 2013 farm settings.
- Script the installation and configuration of SharePoint 2013.
Module 6: Creating Web Applications and Site Collections
- Creating Web Applications
- Configuring Web Applications
- Creating and Configuring Site Collections
Lab : Creating and Configuring Web Applications
- Creating a Web Application
- Configuring a Web Application
Lab : Creating and Configuring Site Collections
- Creating Site Collections
- Creating Site Collections in New Content Databases
- Creating a Warm-up Script
- Create web applications.
- Configure web applications.
- Create site collections.
- Configure site collections.
Module 7: Planning and Configuring Service Applications
- Introduction to Service Application Architecture
- Creating and Configuring Service Applications
Lab : Planning and Configuring Service Applications
- Provisioning a Managed Metadata Service Application with Central Administration
- Provisioning a Managed Metadata Service Application with Windows PowerShell
- Configuring Service Applications for Document Conversions
- Configuring Service Application Proxy Groups
- Explain the key components and topologies for SharePoint Server 2013 service application architecture.
- Describe how to provision and manage SharePoint 2013 service applications.
Module 8: Managing Users and Permissions
- Authorization in SharePoint 2013
- Managing Access to Content
Lab : Managing Users and Groups
- Creating a Web Application Policy
- Creating and Managing SharePoint Groups
- Creating Custom Permission Levels
Lab : Securing Content in SharePoint Sites
- Managing Permissions and Inheritance
- Managing Site Collection Security
- Enable anonymous access to a site
- Understand and manage authorization and permissions in SharePoint 2013.
- Manage access to content in SharePoint 2013.
Module 9: Configuring Authentication for SharePoint 2013
- Overview of Authentication
- Configuring Federated Authentication
- Configuring Server-to-Server Authentication
Lab : Configuring SharePoint 2013 to Use Federated Identities
- Configuring AD FS to Make the Web Application a Relying Party
- Configuring SharePoint to Trust AD FS as an Identity Provider
- Configuring the Web Application to Use the AD FS Identity Provider
- Explain the authentication infrastructure of SharePoint 2013.
- Configure claims providers and identity federation for SharePoint 2013.
- Configure server-to-server authentication for SharePoint 2013.
Module 10: Securing a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
- Securing the Platform
- Configuring Farm-Level Security
Lab : Hardening a SharePoint 2013 Server Farm
- Configuring SharePoint and SQL Server to Communicate Over Non-Standard Ports
- Configuring Firewalls for SharePoint Server Farms
Lab : Configuring Farm-Level Security
- Configuring Blocked File Types
- Configuring Web Part Security
- Implementing Security Auditing
- Secure the SharePoint 2013 platform.
- Configure farm-level security in SharePoint 2013.
Module 11: Managing Taxonomy
- Managing Content Types
- Understanding Term Stores and Term Sets
- Managing Term Stores and Term Sets
Lab : Configuring Content Type Propagation
- Creating Content Types for Propagation
- Publishing Content Types Across Site Collections
Lab : Configuring and Using Managed Metadata Term Sets
- Configuring the Managed Metadata Service
- Creating Term Sets and Terms
- Consuming Term Sets
- Describe the function of content types and explain how to apply them to business requirements.
- Describe the function of managed metadata in SharePoint 2013.
- Configure the Managed Metadata Service and supporting components.
Module 12: Configuring User Profiles
- Configuring the User Profile Service Application
- Managing User Profiles and Audiences
Lab : Configuring User Profiles
- Creating a User Profile Service Application
- Configuring Directory Import
Lab : Configuring My Sites and Audiences
- Configuring My Sites
- Configuring Audiences
- Plan for and configure user profile synchronization with Active Directory Domain Services.
- Plan for and configure My Sites and audiences.
Module 13: Configuring Enterprise Search
- Understanding the Search Service Architecture
- Configuring Enterprise Search
- Managing Enterprise Search
Lab : Configuring Enterprise Search
- Configuring the Search Service Application
- Configuring a File Share Content Source
- Configuring a Local SharePoint Content Source
- Creating a Search Center
Lab : Configuring the Search Experience
- Optimizing Search Results
- Customizing the Search Experience
- Describe the core architecture of the Search service and its supported topologies.
- Explain the steps required to configure the Search service in an enterprise environment.
- Describe how to manage and maintain a well-performing Search environment.
Module 14: Monitoring and Maintaining a SharePoint 2013 Environment
- Monitoring a SharePoint 2013 Environment
- Tuning and Optimizing a SharePoint Environment
- Planning and Configuring Caching
- Troubleshooting a SharePoint 2013 Environment
Lab : Monitoring a SharePoint 2013 Deployment
- Configuring Usage and Health Data Collection
- Configuring SharePoint Diagnostic Logging
- Configuring Health Analyzer Rules
- Reviewing Usage and Health Data
Lab : Investigating Page Load Times
- Investigating Page Load Times
- Analyzing SharePoint Page Performance
- Develop and implement a monitoring plan for a SharePoint 2013 environment.
- Tune and optimize a SharePoint 2013 server farm on an ongoing basis.
- Plan and configure caching to improve the performance of a SharePoint 2013 deployment.
- Troubleshoot errors and other issues in a SharePoint 2013 deployment.
- Is an IT professional who plans, implements, and maintains a multi-server deployment of SharePoint Server 2013.
- Has a working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with SharePoint Online.
- Has broad familiarity with SharePoint workloads.
- Have experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
- Has experience with authentication and security technologies
- Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
Hands-on experience or job experience is considered a solutions-based role where the candidate works within the solutions space covered by SharePoint, working on multiple solutions in the SharePoint space that includes document management, content management, and search.
- Software management in a Windows 2008 R2 enterprise server or Windows Server 2012 environment.
- Deploying and managing applications natively, virtually and in the cloud.
- Administering Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Configuring Active Directory for use in authentication, authorization and as a user store.
- Managing an application remotely using Windows PowerShell 2.0.
- Connecting applications to Microsoft SQL Server.
- Implementing Claims-based Security.